Put some pork on your fork
Cider Tonic “Your Everyday Apple Cider Vinegar” can be used in so many ways.
From taking a daily shot to incorporating it into the meals that you eat daily, it really is a super easy way to enhance your gut health.
Today I have one of our favourite meals to share with you using organic, locally sourced pork chops from
If you are unable to source good quality organic pork then you can easily substitute the protein with chicken thighs. Apple cider vinegar lends itself well to white meats such as chicken & pork, it adds a beautiful tanginess that will have your taste buds zinging.
Let’s get you started!
2 tablespoons Cider Tonic
2 tablespoons tamari
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
2 Organic pork chops
1/2 teaspoon Sea salt
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1 sprig of sage
- Combine the Cider Tonic, tamari, maple syrup and ground pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Use a paper towel to pat the pork chops dry. Season generously with salt.
- Heat the cooking oil in a large pan set over medium-high heat.
- When the oil is shimmering, add the pork.
- When they begin to turn brown and crispy (after about 3-4 minutes), flip them over and brown them on the other side.
- Add the torn up sage leaves to the pan
- Pour over the Cider Tonic mixture and bring it to a boil.
- Turn down the heat slightly and let the maple syrup mixture boil and reduce, while you flip the pork every minute or so (to ensure they are completely coated in the glaze).
- When the chops are cooked through and the mixture is thick and syrupy, remove the from the heat and serve immediately.
Pair these pork chops with our Stewed Apple Tonic
Until next time, get out there & enjoy the little things in life.
Remember to love your guts like l love your guts!